This space takes inspiration from Gary Snyder's advice:
Stay together/Learn the flowers/Go light

Sunday 25 September 2011

Wild Flowers


I enjoy looking at woodprints of wildlife because they draw the eye to every little detail of what the artist is focusing on. Recently I have taken delight in the work of the artist whose piece I have displayed here.

Yasuo Kuniyoshi (United States, born Japan, 1889-1953), Wild Flowers, 1922, pen and ink, ink and wash on paper, 17 5/8 x 12 inches. Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, Gift of William E. Hill, 1959.17.
http://www.einspruch.com/journal/2010/08/16/the-lanes-whom-you-loved-is-not-here


   Another piece that attracted my interest is this, the source of which I have not been able to track down, but which expresses a clear Chinese spirit. Upon discovering the cricket, the heart gives a leap for joy.  

No comments: